April 2, 2022
sourdough stuffed pizza
*this will be used the night before
Flour for starter feeding 150g (I use organic all purpose)
Water for starter feeding 150g
Flour 1000g (plus some for kneading)
1-2 cups raw cheddar [1/2 cup chunks for crust!] rest will be shredded
Large circle pizza pan
My husband has been missing his favorite pizza place in arizona [barros if you're familiar!] and being the competitive person I am I had to make the best darn pizza he had ever had tonight! **spoiler** he said I succeeded! ;)
If you have made my sourdough recipe before this is the same dough recipe but just different procedures taken at the end to make it into a pizza!
THE NIGHT BEFORE TAKE-
150g flour (I use organic all purpose)
150g water (I use my filtered Berkey water)
- Feed your starter in a mason jar or bowl mix all these ingredients and cover with linen towel until morning
- The next morning add your starter and 700g of water to a bowl and mix by hand to make it nice and bubbly.
- Add 1000g of flour on top and then 20g of salt on top of flour (do not let fed starter and salt touch)
- Mix by hand and get it to a thick pancake consistency. Will not look like nice dough yet. Cover and lit sit for 30 min to ferment covered with linen cloth
- Put flour down on counter and dump dough on it. Knead your dough for 6-8 minutes by hand folding your dough over itself over and over again while pushing it away from you
- Put back in bowl place in warm environment (I like to put a coffee mug of water heated for 4 min in my microwave then put the cup in the corner of the microwave to help make it like a proofing box) place bowl of bread in microwave (do not turn microwave on with bread dough inside ever)
- Every hour for the next 4-6 hours you will do a set of letter folding with your bread (sometimes I do it 2x a hour if I remember). To do this just grab one of the four corners of the bowl at a time and lift up as high as it can go while giving it a little shake and then slap it down. Repeat every hour 1-2x
- Take dough out of “proofing box” & place on counter & let sit for 30 min
- Pre-heat your oven to 475
- Take some flour and sprinkle some on your pizza pan
- Spread your dough out onto your pan leaving some hanging over the end for help make the crust stuffed
- Once you have your dough shaped accordingly take your avo oil and put some on the crust staying away from the crust area
- Take your chunks of raw cheddar and place on the crust section then taking your crust that is overlapping the pan wrap it around the cheese and press the dough into each other helping it avoid coming undone while cooking
- Melt your butter & add all the spices into a cup. Take a brush and brush your crust with the melted butter and seasonings
- Put your pizza sauce or marinara on the pizza, shredded cheese and toppings of choice!
- Put pizza in oven for 17 min at 475 and then broil for 1-2 minutes to your liking!
- Take out of oven and ENJOY!!