July 14, 2022
sourdough discard chocolate chip cookies
I have made a loooot of sourdough cookies in my life and these ones beat them all every.single.time! They are moist like a cake but chewy like a cookie at the same time! My kids scarf these up so quick & nothing makes my mama heart happier than when my family can enjoy the treats I have made!
14tbs butter (1 3/4 stick)
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 cup sourdough discard [fed or not]
2 cups organic unbleached flour
1 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips (3/4 a bag or more)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Take sugars, vanilla, butter and egg and mix until a whipped like consistency
- Add in your cup of starter & mix
- Lastly add in your flour, baking soda & salt
- Once all mixed together add in your chocolate chips!
- Put your dough in fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes
- Take a scooper or spoon and put your dough on your cookies sheet
- Bake for 10 and a half minutes! (I have found this to be the p e r f e c t time for our oven!)
- When they come out they look doughy-but T R U S T me they will be amazing!
- Let them sit on the pan for 20-30 minutes to cool
- Place on tray or plate & enjoy!
My favorite thing with these cookies is they truly just get better each day you wait to eat them but good luck keeping them in your house for longer than 1 day!