August 2, 2022
sourdough discard cheese crackers
These crackers last about .5 seconds in our house! They are my kids favorite lunch snack with some deli meat or just a quick snack to grab without crappy ingredients when we're on the go! You can really make this recipe whatever you would like! Add different spices and cheeses to it & come up with different variations. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup discard sourdough starter
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (I use raw of any flavor)
- Salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine the butter and flour in a medium mixing bowl. Using your hands, rub the butter into the flour until it looks like sand. Pour in the sourdough starter and gently mix. Add the cheddar cheese and combine. Use your hands to form it into a ball
- Turn the dough into the counter and roll it out with a rolling pin. Cut into squares with knife or tool I have linked. Sprinkle with salt (I find you should add more than you think!)
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, switching the baking sheets halfway. The crackers should be crisp with slightly browned edges. Allow to cool directly on the baking sheet
- Serve immediately, or let fully cool and transfer to airtight container
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.