November 15, 2023
Discard Sourdough sandwich bread
This sandwich bread is fluffy, delicious and best of all keeps for a full week on my counter in sandwich bag! (you can find all my favorite sourdough things here like the sandwich bags I use)
500 grams of water or milk! (if using water make it warm. If using milk heat to 105 degrees)
200 grams of starter [discard or bubbly works]
14 grams active yeast
40 grams sugar [can be honey but I use coconut sugar]
20 grams salt
1,000 grams bread flour [could use all purpose]
120 grams melted butter
- Add warm water or milk to mixer with coconut sugar and yeast. Mix lightly and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add in sourdough starter and mix fully
- Add in every other ingredient and let the mixer knead the dough for a few minutes or knead by hand until fully combined
- Leave covered with a towel for 1 hour
- Put dough on counter and split into two even rounds. Roll out your dough on counter and shape into sandwich loaves
- I usually make a normal loaf for sandwiches and as you can see in the pictures I also make a savory or sweet one! This one was coconut sugar and pumpkin spice. I just place it in the dough as I'm rolling it out and folding it into the shape of sandwich loaf!
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
- Let fully cook before cutting into it
- I pre-slice my bread and place in sandwich bread bags and leave it in my bread box on the counter for up to a week with no mold or hardening!